Love. Friendship. Loyalty.

Monday, October 8, 2012

A New Year, A New City, A New Job, A New Baby?

In December of 2011, I relocated to Savannah.  Kevin and I knew that in order for me to continue to advance with my current office that this transition would be in our future.  What we didn’t know, however, is how nothing would go as planned.

The plan was for me to move to Savannah in December and Kevin’s company would be able to transfer him after the first of the year.  The New Year rolled around and they kept giving Kevin vague answers and every other day there was a new reason why he needed to wait even longer to be transferred.  In the meantime, I was growing to hate Savannah a little more every day!  I was not doing the job I moved to Savannah to do and the job I was doing was frustrating and, as I put it on many occasions, I was pretty sure  it was something a monkey could do.  To me, this wasn’t really what I signed up for.  I felt like I was selling myself short.     
On top of everything, one weekend around Christmas time, late Saturday night, Decemeber 17th, I found out I was pregnant! 



Emotions, nerves and frustrations really started mounting.  Kevin finally made the decision to move to Savannah in April without having a job in place.  This REALLY wasn’t part of the plan, but I needed him with me.  He found a job working in the Produce Department at Publix, bless his heart, and in June a position as an installation technician with Comcast finally panned out!  My job situation was working out as well so things were REALLY starting to turn around and we were FINALLY able to start settling in to our new city!
Amid all of the chaos and disappointments of getting settled in to Savannah, our ray of sunshine was the baby.  On January 18th I saw the baby for the first time.  Kevin wasn't able to take off of work to go to the appointment, but I was fortunate enough to have Susan there with me! 




On March 9th we found out we were having a little BOY!  It took us a while to decide on a name (boys' names are tricky!), but we finally came to the conclusion that Tyler John Eargle was a perfect fit.  We had thought of the name Tyler and we both really liked it but we had not "officially" decided on it yet.  One night while watching the Braves game Tyler Pastornicky was up to bat and had a full count and kept hitting foul balls.  I told Kevin that if Pastornicky got a hit at this at bat, we would make Tyler official.  He agreed.  After a few more foul balls, Pastornicky hit a TRIPLE!  So "baby" officially became "Tyler".           



No comments:

Post a Comment